Monday, March 18, 2019


Public Service Announcement


My group of three decided tone again come together and make a video. At first we thought to do a PSA warning against Juuling, but ended up going with a video promoting stretching instead! I think it was the right choice for us.

Jack drew up a story board for the idea while Dom and I wrote the script. We finalized our vision for our PSA, and we were ready to film in a couple days. Come our first film day, though, and one of our actors aren't able to film. This was a setback, but we still had our violin player available. Filming the violin playing scene in twenty minutes, we were done for the day.

Our next filming day was much more successful. We knocked out the two remaining scenes in under two hours and called it a wrap. While we were shooting, we came up with the idea of making the whole PSA look like a VHS, to give a kind of PE Health class video vibe.

The next day, it was all up to me as the editor. I had a day to edit it all, so I had to stay after class all through lunch and history. I managed to crank out a decent looking video though, even with a difficulty in creating the stereoscopic anaglyph.

I'm happy with the final product, but one thing I would do different is make the pink slides in between a lot cooler with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment